Objective, Vision and Mission
“To emerge as a leading and capable federation for the self-sufficiency and sustainable development of small farmer-run agriculture co-operatives and other co-operatives of a similar nature by increasing agricultural production and productivity and developing a sustainable value chain so as to reduce existing poverty.”
“To be established as a viable and sustainable agriculture federation.”
1. Policy lobby and advocacy
- Advocacy for amendment in cooperative act, agriculture insurance through cooperatives, wholesale market establishment for small farmers, etc.
- Support for preparation of Cooperative Regulations.
- Advocacy and lobby with different stakeholders for the benefit of member cooperatives.
- Establishment of a separate Advocacy and Proposal Writing Unit (APPU) within NACCFL and roll out of FACT methodology for policy lobby and proposal preparation in support of Agriterra.
- Lobby for celebration of International Year of family Farming Program +10 in Nepal.
2. Capacity Building
A. Trainings and workshop
Cooperative management and financial aspects :
- Training on cooperative performance and financial management
- Training on account keeping
- Training on account keeping
- Loan portfolio management
- Cultivation practices
- Pest /disease management
- Post-harvest management
- IPM technology
Institutional development aspects:
- Proposal writing and Strategic planning
- Business plan development
- Annual work and budget planning
- Computer training
- Cooperative marketing,
- Market information system
B. Establishment of multi-purpose training center
3. Network Expansion
- To provide membership for cooperative having good practices.
- To expand the members to 1000 numbers by replication program.
- To establish district agriculture cooperative federation in 68 districts and increasing members.
- To increase capacity of managerially inactive district cooperative federation.
4. Increase agricultural Production and Productivity
- Capacitate farmers through different capacity building trainings in agriculture.
- Support in agriculture modernization through facilitation in technology dissemination and awareness raising.
- Support for establishment of hi-tech fruits and vegetable nurseries.
- Facilitate to organize soil testing camps as per demand from farmers.
- Support producer farmers with different agro-techniques.
- Facilitate for subsidy from different stakeholders in agriculture and livestock production.
- Support in quality seed production.
5. Value chain and Market promotion
A. Cooperative Shop (Kisan Ko Poko) : A step towards sustainable agri-business
- Production of small farmers through out Nepal, particularly from rural areas who do not have easy access to market.
- This initiative has increased access to market for small farmers.
- Farmers are being able to get fair price for their products
- Consumers too are being able to get products from rural farmers at reasonable price.
B. Small and medium enterprises established under NACCFL network.